Accumulo, mail # dev - Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch

Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
Joey Echeverria 2013-07-26, 15:02
Cloudera announced last night our support for Accumulo 1.4.3 on CDH4:

http://www.slideshare.net/JoeyEcheverria/apache-accumulo-and-cloudera

This required back porting about 11 patches in whole or in part from the
1.5 line on top of 1.4.3. Our release is still in a semi-private beta, but
when it's fully public it will be downloadable along with all of the extra
patches that we committed.

My question is if the community would be interested in us pulling those
back ports upstream?

I believe this would violate the previously agreed upon rule of no feature
back ports to 1.4.3, depending on how we "label" support for Hadoop 2.0.

Thoughts?

-Joey