Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-11-14, 20:41
+
Keith Turner 2013-11-14, 21:08
+
Bill Havanki 2013-11-14, 20:57
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-11-14, 20:54
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-14, 20:49
+
John Vines 2013-11-14, 22:43
+
John Vines 2013-11-14, 22:41
Re: [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0
On 11/14/13, 2:41 PM, John Vines wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2013 2:49 PM, "Josh Elser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Been bitten by goofy/half-implemented stuff in Mock too many times. I'd
> rather see effort placed into making MAC a reliable and fast testing
> mechanism than helping Mock limp along
>
> -1
>
> MAC isn't there yet and I don't think we should deprecate it without a
> suitable alternative in place

Can you provide why you think "MAC isn't there yet" and what you would
consider the bar for "suitable alternative" please?

>> On 11/14/13, 12:41 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
>>>
>>> Should we deprecate mock accumulo for 1.6.0?  This was considered [1] for
>>> 1.5.0.  I started thinking about this because I never added conditional
>>> writer to mock.
>>>
>>> [1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-878

+
John Vines 2013-11-14, 22:54