HBase >> mail # user >> How to scan rows starting with a particular string?

Re: How to scan rows starting with a particular string?
Why did you feel this is error prone?
If you use server side filters by providing start/end Row or use a
PrefixFilter, the scans should work well, as it is going to be
sequential access. Depending on your data and use case, you may need
to tune it further (say by applying additional filters, limit results,
etc)... see here for some more tips on speeding up scans:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Troubleshooting#A16

--Suraj