Hive >> mail # user >> Regarding Insert Overwrite Directory in case of LZO compression

Re: Regarding Insert Overwrite Directory in case of LZO compression
If you do not want compression

set hive.exec.compress.output=false
If you want to compress-
set hive.exec.compress.output=false

and specify

mapred.map.output.compression.codec and mapred.output.compression.codec
depending upon query is map-only or map-reduce.

If your question is about changing record structure, I am not sure if you
can do it--

Check- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-634

Thanks,

Aniket