HBase >> mail # dev >> Heads up, HTablePool will be deprecated in 0.94, 0.95/0.96, and removed in 0.98

+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-03, 04:29
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-03, 05:31
+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-03, 05:54
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-03, 14:20
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-04, 03:52
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-08-04, 03:56
+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-04, 05:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-04, 23:27
+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-05, 02:23
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-05, 02:39
+
lars hofhansl 2013-08-05, 02:56
+
Stack 2013-08-05, 15:25
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-05, 17:31
Re: Heads up, HTablePool will be deprecated in 0.94, 0.95/0.96, and removed in 0.98
+1

Nice work on this Lars!

This will make the client connection code a lot simpler and a lot easier to
reason about.

While it's unfortunate that external client code will necessarily need to
be reworked for the changes, I think the result will be much cleaner all
around.  It will be great to get rid of the convolutions of HTablePool as
well.  If necessary to ease the client transition, HTablePool could even be
kept, but reworked as just a simple wrapper around HConnection (no need to
even do reference counting, etc).

Looking forward to start making use of this.

--gh

+
Suraj Varma 2013-08-05, 20:21
+