MapReduce, mail # user - Jar issue

+
jamal sasha 2013-08-27, 15:47
Re: Jar issue
Shahab Yunus 2013-08-27, 15:51
One idea is, you can use the exclusion property of maven (provided you are
using that to build your application) while including hadoop dependencies
and exclude sl4j that is coming within hadoop and then include your own
sl4j as a separate dependency. Something like this:

<dependency>

 <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>

 <artifactId>hbase</artifactId>

 <version>0.92.1-cdh4.1.2</version>

 <exclusions>

  <exclusion>

  <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>

  <groupId>log4j</groupId>

  </exclusion>

  <exclusion>

  <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>

  <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>

  </exclusion>

</exclusions>

 </dependency>

Regards,
Shahab
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM, jamal sasha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>   For one of my map reduce code I want to use a different version of slf4j
> jar (1.6.4)
> But I guess hadoop has a different version of jar in hadoop
> classpath lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar
> And when I am trying to run my code, I am gettign this error:
> org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
>  at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLocationAwareLog.info
> (SLF4JLocationAwareLog.java:159)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:931)
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:850)
>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1093)
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:850)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:500)
> at org.rdf.RdfFormatter.run(RdfFormatter.java:109)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
> at org.rdf.RdfFormatter.main(RdfFormatter.java:144)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
>  at
>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>

> Similar   issue here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10354785/nosuchmethoderror-with-slfj4
>
> What should I do?
> Thanks