Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Unrecoverable ConnectionLossException after server restart

RE: Unrecoverable ConnectionLossException after server restart
Ok. So the only difference between a network partition failure and a zookeeper server cluster bounce that I can see from the client side is that in former case the ConnectionLossException happens on a ZooKeeper client where the state is CONNECTED and in the later it's CONNECTING. Is this a reliable means of determining I should recreate the client state from scratch?

-----Original Message-----
From: Carroll James (Nokia-LC/Malvern) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Unrecoverable ConnectionLossException after server restart

This is apparently happening because the session establishment is being rejected on the server side:

2012-11-28 12:13:04,102 [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:54551] INFO  ZooKeeperServer - Refusing session request for client /127.0.0.1:38095 as it has seen zxid 0x2 our last zxid is 0x0 client must try another server

Unfortunately I can't see any indication on the client side that this is the problem. The server just decides to sever the connection and the client just keeps retrying (hence the counting up on the ephemeral ports). I could deal with this in the application if I could tell why the server decided to close the connection. Is there a way for me to do this?

Thanks
Jim