Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Find current db we r using in Hive

+
Sai Sai 2013-03-08, 05:43
+
Ramki Palle 2013-03-08, 06:36
Re: Find current db we r using in Hive
It's odd that there is no such command. The trick Ramki mentioned is the
only one I know of. Two points about it, though:

1. It only works on Hive v0.8+.
2. I've seen a few cases where the prompt did NOT change when first used,
but starting working a little later! I have no idea why and of course, it
happened while teaching a class where I'm supposed to be the expert ;)

dean

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com