MapReduce >> mail # user >> task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache

+
Stan Rosenberg 2012-07-30, 22:23
Re: task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache
I am guessing this is either a well-known problem or an edge case.  In
any case, would it be a bad idea to designate predetermined output
paths?
E.g., DistributedCache.addCacheFileInto(uri, conf, outputPath) would
attempt to copy the cached file into the specified path resolving to a
task's local filesystem.

Thanks,

stan

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Stan Rosenberg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am seeking a way to leverage hadoop's distributed cache in order to
> ship jars that are required to bootstrap a task's jvm, i.e., before a
> map/reduce task is launched.
> As a concrete example, let's say that I need to launch with
> '-javaagent:/path/profiler.jar'.  In theory, the task tracker is
> responsible for downloading cached files onto its local filesystem.
> However, the absolute path to a given cached file is not known a
> priori; however, we need the path in order to configure '-javaagent'.
>
> Is this currently possible with the distributed cache? If not, is the
> use case appealing enough to open a jira ticket?
>
> Thanks,
>
> stan
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 06:39