MapReduce, mail # dev - Optimized Hadoop

Re: Optimized Hadoop
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-16, 15:38
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Are you planning on contributing any of these back to Apache Hadoop?

Also, hadoop-0.23.1 significantly outperforms hadoop-1 (previously hadoop-0.20.xxx) on both framework (map/reduce task launch) and runtime (sort, shuffle etc.). Also makes it much easier to implement Distributed Worker Pool with the newer MRv2 (YARN) architecture. We would love to have you involved and to contribute back.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.