Flume, mail # user - Using Flume *only* for tailing?

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-06-25, 16:11
Re: Using Flume *only* for tailing?
Bhaskar V. Karambelkar 2013-06-28, 13:26
Hi Otis,
May be you need to look at embedded flume agent
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/flume-ng/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html#embedded-agent
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if Flume (its ExecSource?) can be used separately from
> the rest of Flume?
>
> Specifically, I need to tail a log file from a Java app and then do
> something with each new line.  I just want my Java app to get each new
> line from tailing and process it in some custom way.  In other words,
> I don't really need Flume to be involved in anything beyond tailing
> files.
>
> Is that doable?
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
> --
> Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
> Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm

+
Mahadevappa, Shobha 2013-07-01, 04:56
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-06-26, 08:19
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-06-27, 23:02
+
Ashish 2013-06-28, 06:11