Kafka >> mail # user >> Changing a consumer offset while running

Changing a consumer offset while running
Hi guys,

What will happen, if while having consumers running, I change the offset
kept in the zookeeper?

Will the consumer get updated?
Or will it override the zookeeper offsets?

I am asking it, because I have an idea that might be useful to my
clients, I want to supply them a web ui from which they could change the
offset their consumer is currently running on....