Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 09:48
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-22, 09:54
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 06:46
+
Bejoy KS 2012-11-22, 06:50
Re: Multiuser setup on Hive
Hi Bejoy,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I had been reading through hive authorization
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-auth.html

Is it any good. Can anyone explain what happens if I enable this?
Will I be able to prevent users from deleting other user's tables?
Regards,
Austin

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Bejoy KS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> **
> Hi Austin
>
> In hive currently you can have permissions only on the hdfs layer not on
> the metastore. The current hive metastore don't have multiuser permission
> support. Any user will be able to drop the metadata information now.
> Regards
> Bejoy KS

> ------------------------------
> *From: * Austin Chungath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> *Date: *Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:16:24 +0530
> *To: *<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> *ReplyTo: * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> *Subject: *Multiuser setup on Hive
>
> Hi,
>
> I had been trying to set up a multi user environment for hive.
> I have set up the hive metastore db in MySQL and hive works.
>
> Consider this scenario:
>
> user1 has created a database data1
> user2 has created a database data2
>
> Now user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete database data2
>
> How do I prevent this?
>
> Regards,
> Austin

+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-11-22, 07:40
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 08:26
+
Dean Wampler 2012-11-22, 14:14