HBase >> mail # user >> Region in Transition

Re: Region in Transition
Lukas,

  I am not sure I understand what you are saying there.  What I thought you
did was:

hadoop fs -mv /hbase /tmp/hbase.old

Restart HBase

You should now have a clean HBase

hadoop fs -mv /tmp/hbase.old/<table_name>

Once you have moved all of the tables

./bin/hbase hbck -fixMeta -fixAssignments

This should put your hbase back into a happy state, if it doesn't not you
had underlying issues that need resolving.

Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera