Flume, mail # user - Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flume 1.3.0 released

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flume 1.3.0 released
Cochran, David 2012-12-04, 17:11
Okay, not a big issue I was able to script around it.

But I have another question (of course right?)

Using tail -F as a source, can an interceptor be used to prepend each
line with the hostname of the box before sending it to the sink?

Following the example in the UserGuide, i modified my conf, the
flume.log doesn't report any errors when started..... everything
appears to work fine...but on the sink copy of the log the lines are
not modified....

Here's a snippet of what I'm running for the source, likely I have
something hosed.

node_app01.sources = source21091 source21092
node_app01.channels = channel21091 channel21092
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors = a b
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.a.type org.apache.flume.interceptor.HostInterceptor$Builder
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.a.preserveExisting = false
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.a.hostHeader = hostname
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.b.type org.apache.flume.interceptor.TimestampInterceptor$Builder

-Dave