Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] branch-0.23 is dead, long live branch-0.23

[DISCUSS] branch-0.23 is dead, long live branch-0.23
At Yahoo we have been running hadoop-0.23.2 in an effort to stabilize it and
validate it with our internal customers.  I propose that we don¹t completely
kill off branch-0.23 just yet so that we can finish up this effort and make
some small sustaining releases (e.g. 0.23.3).  At the same time we are
starting to use hadoop-2 (with HDFS HA, HDFS-PB ...) as a second train.

As such, I volunteer to take over release management of branch-0.23.  Of
course I will treat branch 0.23 as a stabilizing line off of 2.0 and not
accept anything in that is not first in branch-2 and trunk.   Essentially,
this is something that we have to do either internally or publicly, and I
would much rather do this publicly.

 --Bobby Evans