HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase backup option

HBase backup option
Hi,

I was asked to mention this on the mailing list. At OCLC, we are working
towards moving our data to HBase. A huge requirement is to backup our
data, obviously, and seeing that this is still a work in progress, we
decided to write something for ourselves. Using all the resources that
we found available on Jira, the HBase book, etc., we came up with a few
tools that we are currently testing and using. We were able to upload it
to github, so here it is

https://github.com/oclc/HBase-Backup

So far, they have been great for us. And if anyone is interested in
giving it a try, please go ahead, any feedback would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Carlos