Bigtop >> mail # user >> [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC0

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-19, 04:54
+
Anatoli Fomenko 2013-10-28, 02:33
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-10-25, 08:35
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-10-23, 19:58
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-24, 03:26
Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC0
As a matter of act I am running in pseudo distributed mode. I've tested
most of the other things that I usually test and haven't found any
problems. I'd love to test more but I don't see myself having time before
noon tomorrow, so if no one else is having issues with intermediate files
in MR 2.0, then you have my +1!
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't noticed it on my fully distributed clusters.
>
> Are you running in pseudo distributed mode by any chance?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Sean Mackrory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > So far I've tested ZooKeeper, HDFS, HBase, Sqoop, and Spark (really just
> > starting / stopping services and the shell). So far so good. I'm running
> > into issues where MapReduce jobs on YARN seem unable to read / write
> > intermediate files. There aren't any permissions errors - just
> intermediate
> > files that it expects that doesn't exist. Just wandering if anyone else
> has
> > run into this or has successfully run MR jobs on a recent Bigtop build?
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> This is the seventh release for Apache Bigtop, version 0.7.0
> >>
> >> It fixes the following issues:
> >>   http://s.apache.org/Pkp
> >>
> >> *** Please download, test and vote by Fri 10/25 noon PST
> >>
> >> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag):
> >>    release-0.7.0-RC0
> >>
> >> Source and binary files:
> >>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-194/org/apache/bigtop/bigtop/0.7.0/
> >>
> >> Binary convenience artifacts:
> >>    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-0.7.0/
> >>
> >> Documentation on how to install (just make sure to adjust the repos for
> >> 0.7.0):
> >>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.6.0
> >>
> >> Maven staging repo:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-194/
> >>
> >> The tag to be voted upon:
> >>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=bigtop.git;a=commit;h=fb628180d289335dcf95641b44482fb680f11573
> >>
> >> Bigtop's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> >>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bigtop/dist/KEYS
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Roman.

+