Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop 1.1.2-rc5 release candidate vote

+
Matt Foley 2013-02-01, 03:13
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-01, 19:28
+
Matt Foley 2013-02-08, 06:04
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop 1.1.2-rc5 release candidate vote
Sorry about that +1 (binding)
I downloaded the binary tar started everything up and ran a few simple
jobs.

--Bobby

On 2/8/13 12:04 AM, "Matt Foley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Wow, total apathy!  We only got one vote besides mine, and that was
>non-binding.
>I'll try again.  Please vote on this release candidate for Hadoop
>1.1.2-rc5.
>Voting will close one week from now, at 10pm PST on Thursday 14 Feb.
>
>Thanks,
>--Matt
>

>On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Chris Nauroth
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> I deployed hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz to 3 Ubuntu VMs and ran NN, JT, 2NN, 2 *
>> DN, and 2 * TT.  I verified the checksum.  I tested multiple command
>>line
>> HDFS interactions and MapReduce jobs.  I specifically tested for the
>> HDFS-4423 blocker bug fix, and it worked.  Since that change touched
>> checkpointing, I also verified that the 2NN could complete a successful
>> checkpoint.
>>
>> I'll also verify the PGP signature once I track down the public key that
>> was used for signing.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> --Chris
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> (resending with modified Subject line for RC5)
>>>
>>> Hadoop-1.1.2-rc4 is withdrawn.
>>>
>>> Hadoop-1.1.2-rc5 is available at
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.2-rc5/
>>> or in SVN at
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-1.1.2-rc5/
>>> or in the Maven repo.
>>>
>>> This candidate for a stabilization release of the Hadoop-1.1 branch
>>>has 24
>>> patches and several cleanups compared to the Hadoop-1.1.1 release.
>>>  Release
>>> notes are available at
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.2-rc5/releasenotes.html
>>>
>>> Please vote for this as the next release of Hadoop-1.  Voting will
>>>close
>>> next Thursday, 7 Feb, at 3:00pm PST.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --Matt