Hadoop, mail # general - pdf design documents

pdf design documents
Doug Cutting 2011-02-18, 16:40
Owen has recently submitted several PDF design documents, e.g.:

I feel PDF discourages collaboration.  Either plain text or HTML would
permit folks to more easily provide feedback, either as patches or as
alternate drafts.  Some projects use their wikis to collaboratively
evolve designs, so everyone can see the document evolve from the start.
 Some projects use the dev mailing list directly for design.  Any of
these would be preferable to me to PDF, which only the original
submitter can easily edit.

What do others think?

Thanks,

Doug