Accumulo >> mail # dev >> MiniAccumuloCluster connection timeout negotiation

+
Mastergeek 2013-08-06, 17:07
+
Eric Newton 2013-08-06, 17:31
+
Mastergeek 2013-08-06, 19:35
Re: MiniAccumuloCluster connection timeout negotiation
Accumulo, ZK, Hadoop, and HBase will all have terrible performance if
swapping starts happening. The first step is to make sure you allocate an
amount of memory appropriate to your hardware. This is covered briefly in
the Accumulo manual:

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/accumulo_user_manual.html#_edit_conf_accumulo_env_sh
The second is to make sure your kernel won't start swapping stuff out
early. That's controlled via a setting called vm.swappiness. You can see
how to check vm.swappiness and turn it to 0 in the CDH guides, e.g. CDH3:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH3/CDH3u6/CDH3-Installation-Guide/cdh3ig_topic_9_6.html