HBase >> mail # user >> Regarding Indexing columns in HBASE

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-06-04, 16:43
+
Shahab Yunus 2013-06-04, 16:51
Re: Regarding Indexing columns in HBASE
Quick and dirty...

Create an inverted table for each index....
Then you can take the intersection of the result set(s) to get your list of rows for further filtering.

There is obviously more to this, but its the core idea...

Mike Segel

On Jun 4, 2013, at 11:51 AM, Shahab Yunus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a quick thought, why don't you create different tables and duplicate
> data i.e. go for demoralization and data redundancy. Is your all read
> access patterns that would require 70 columns are incorporated into one
> application/client? Or it will be bunch of different clients/applications?
> If that is not the case then I think why not take advantage of more storage.
>
> Regards,
> Shahab
>

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Ramasubramanian Narayanan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In a HBASE table, there are 200 columns and the read pattern for diffferent
>> systems invols 70 columns...
>> In the above case, we cannot have 70 columns in the rowkey which will not
>> be a good design...
>>
>> Can you please suggest how to handle this problem?
>> Also can we do indexing in HBASE apart from rowkey? (something called
>> secondary index)
>>
>> regards,
>> Rams

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-06-04, 17:22
+
Ian Varley 2013-06-04, 17:30
+
Michael Segel 2013-06-04, 18:47
+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-06-04, 17:07