HBase, mail # user - Need to fast-forward a scanner inside a coprocessor

Need to fast-forward a scanner inside a coprocessor
Tom Brown 2012-08-03, 20:27
I have a custom coprocessor that aggregates a selection of records
from the table based various criteria. For efficiency, I would like to
make it skip a bunch of records. For example, if I don't need any
"AAAA" records and I encounter "AAAA0000", I would like to tell it to
skip everything until "AAAB.."

I don't see any methods of the InternalScanner class that would give
me that ability. Do I need to close the current scanner and open a new
one? Does that add significant overhead (which would reduce any gains
achieved by skipping small numbers of records)?

I am using HBase 0.92. Upgrading to 0.94 is possible if it gives this
functionality.

--Tom