Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Merge HDFS-4949 to trunk

[VOTE] Merge HDFS-4949 to trunk
Andrew Wang 2013-10-17, 22:01
Hello all,

I'd like to call a vote to merge the HDFS-4949 branch (in-memory caching)
to trunk. Colin McCabe and I have been hard at work the last 3.5 months
implementing this feature, and feel that it's reached a level of stability
and utility where it's ready for broader testing and integration.

I'd also like to thank Chris Nauroth at Hortonworks for code reviews and
bug fixes, and everyone who's reviewed the HDFS-4949 design doc and left
comments.

Obviously, I am +1 for the merge. The vote will run the standard 7 days,
closing on October 24 at 11:59PM.

Thanks,
Andrew