Flume, mail # user - Parameters in Configuration File

+
Connor Woodson 2013-03-15, 00:09
+
Mike Percy 2013-03-15, 17:27
+
Kenison, Matt 2013-03-15, 17:55
Re: Parameters in Configuration File
Mike Percy 2013-03-15, 18:37
Hi Matt,
Properties files were the simple way to get started, and now that Flume is
on version 1.3.1 we can't just abandon the properties file format.

I'm open to suggestions for adopting more full featured configuration
functionality while maintaining backwards compatibility with the existing
config files.

Regards,
Mike
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Kenison, Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm sure this discussion has happened already, but is there a reason
> Spring (or something similar) isn't used for configuration, rather than the
> property files? It seems like there is a lot of boilerplate logic in the
> various implementations of Configurable.configure(Context) that is just
> completely unnecessary. In addition, you wouldn't have to spend time
> building something like property substitution that's been done many times
> before.
>

> From: Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:27:00 -0700
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Parameters in Configuration File
>
> Hey Connor,
> Take a look at the discussion @
>
> I you want to help work on this you are more than welcome to :)
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Connor Woodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Does the Flume configuration file support parameters, for instance in the
>> way that you can specify them in a log4j conf file?
>>
>> - Connor

+
Kenison, Matt 2013-03-15, 22:07
+