HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk

+
sanjay Radia 2012-09-28, 19:06
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-09-28, 22:02
Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk
Todd,
  Even though this work was under development over a period of time,  during its development it was not clear when the design was fairly stable to begin a thorough review. Hence the time of merge is when the real review happens in such large projects.

I have already indicated on the jira that i do not have any philosophical objection to this work being in HDFS - hence this should not be a worry on your part.

The extra week will result in a more through review (hopefully this will have a side effect of perhaps easing Konstanine's concern about
HDFS adding such complex code).

Lets plan to do the merge next monday.

thanks

sanjay