Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals

Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals
Hi all,
a couple major bugs have shown up in Hadoop-1.0.2.  I propose to make a
1.0.3 release containing fixes for:
  - MAPREDUCE-4154
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4154> streaming
MR job succeeds even if the streaming command fails
  - HDFS-119 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-119> logSync() may
block NameNode forever.
We will also accept the following bug fixes already committed to branch-1.0
(see
CHANGES.txt): HADOOP-6924, HADOOP-6941, HADOOP-8188, HDFS-3127,
MAPREDUCE-3377, HADOOP-5528, HADOOP-6963, HADOOP-8251, HADOOP-8293.

If there are other critical bugs you would like to see in 1.0.3, please let
me know by end of day Monday, 4/23.  I'll start the process of making a
1.0.3 RC-1 on Tuesday.

Also, it seems that it is time to do a 1.1 release.  Some 80 bug fixes and
enhancements have accumulated in branch-1.  Hopefully they've all been
properly reviewed and unit tested!  Let's declare a code freeze for 1.1 at
the end of this month.  At that time I will make a branch-1.1 and a release
candidate for 1.1.0.

Thank you,
--Matt