Hive, mail # dev - Hive 0.12 release

Hive 0.12 release
Thejas Nair 2013-08-30, 04:18
It has been more than 3 months since 0.11 was released and we already have
294 jiras in resolved-fixed state for 0.12. This includes several new
features such as date data type, optimizer improvements, ORC format
improvements and many bug fixes. There are also many features look ready to
get committed soon such as the varchar type.
I think it is time to start preparing for a 0.12 release by creating a
branch later next week and start stabilizing it. What do people think about
it ?

As we get closer to the branching, we can start discussing any additional
features/bug fixes that we should add to the release and start monitoring
their progress.

Thanks,
Thejas

--