Hive, mail # user - Renaming partition columnname only (locations remain unchanged)

Renaming partition columnname only (locations remain unchanged)
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-06-11, 22:16
Hi
I have external tables where I want to change the name of the partition column, locations remaining constant
Is there a way to do this…Else I will drop and create the table with new partition column names and run my scripts to ADD PARTITION, with LOCATION specified
Thanks
sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE