Flume >> mail # user >> how to implement a tail or tailDir of flume-ng on windows?

Re: how to implement a tail or tailDir of flume-ng on windows?
You'd want to just periodically stat the file to be tailed, checking for
change in last modified/size, and read the difference out of it. You
could always download the source for tail itself and see how it does it:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/src/tail.c

If you're going to write this to feed data to flume you're better off
having it send data over thrift to flume so you can resend it on failures.