MapReduce >> mail # user >> YARN tasks and child processes

YARN tasks and child processes
Is it possible for a child process of a YARN task to persist after the task is complete?  I am looking at an alternative to a YARN auxiliary process that may be simpler to implement, if I can have a task spawn a process that persists for some time after the task finishes.
Thanks,
John