HBase >> mail # user >> Question about the time to execute joins in HBase!

+
Pavan Sudheendra 2013-08-22, 15:25
+
Kevin Odell 2013-08-22, 15:39
+
Pavan Sudheendra 2013-08-22, 15:41
+
Michael Segel 2013-08-22, 15:46
+
Pavan Sudheendra 2013-08-22, 15:48
+
Pavan Sudheendra 2013-08-22, 16:02
+
Michael Segel 2013-08-22, 17:58
Re: Question about the time to execute joins in HBase!
And size of the rows... can you load the 1m rows table in memory?
Le 2013-08-22 11:41, "Pavan Sudheendra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> scan.setCaching(500);
>
> I really don't understand this purpose though..
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Kevin O'dell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > QQ what is your caching set to?
> > On Aug 22, 2013 11:25 AM, "Pavan Sudheendra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > A serious question.. I know this isn't one of the best hbase practices
> > but
> > > I really want to know..
> > >
> > > I am doing a join across 3 table in hbase.. One table contain 19m
> > records,
> > > one contains 2m and another contains 1m records.
> > >
> > > I'm doing this inside the mapper function.. I know this can be done
> with
> > > pig and hive etc. Leaving the specifics out, how long would experts
> think
> > > it would take for the mapper to finish aggregating them across a 6 node
> > > cluster.. One is the job tracker and 5 are task trackers.. By the time
> > > see the map reduce job status for input records reach 600,000 it's
> taking
> > > an hour.. It can't be right..
> > >
> > > Any tips? Please help.
> > >
> > > Thanks.