Hadoop >> mail # user >> Fixing Mis-replicated blocks

Re: Fixing Mis-replicated blocks
Do setrep -w on the increase to force the new replica before decreasing
again.

Of course, the little script only works if the replication factor is 3 on
all the files. If it's a variable amount you should use the java API to get
the existing factor and then increase by one and then decrease.

Jeff