MapReduce >> mail # user >> Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS

Re: Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS
in mainframe you can have 3 type of datasources
--flat files
--VSAM files
--DB2/IMS

DB2 or IMS supprt the export utilities to copy the data into flat file
which you can get through ftp/sftp
VSAM file can be exported using IDCAMS utility
flat files can be get using the ftp/sftp

Raj K Singh
http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com
Mobile  Tel: +91 (0)9899821370