Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Anatoli Fomenko 2013-05-29, 01:40
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-31, 23:04
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-01, 00:27
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-01, 03:07
Thanks for the hadoop-2.0.5-alpha RC0 Cos!
+1 (non-binding) in principle for a 2.0.5-alpha release.

Similar to Alejandro I see that:

/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-src/hadoop-hdfs-project/README.txt (has 2.0.4 release
date missing):
Release 2.0.5-alpha - UNRELEASED
Release 2.0.4-alpha - UNRELEASED

/hadoop-yarn-project/CHANGES.txt (misses 2.0.5 section and does not have
date for previous 2.0.4 release set):
Release 2.0.5-alpha (<- Missing section)
Release 2.0.4-alpha - UNRELEASED

In addition I do not see the release notes at the top of the tar.gz:
releasenotes.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.HADOOP.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.HDFS.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.MAPREDUCE.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.YARN.2.0.5-alpha.html

I do see the src-tar.gz etc., but not the regular tarball in
http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc0/

Not sure if that warrants a RC1 or not.

Thanks,

Joep

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Verified MD5 & signature, built, configured pseudo cluster, run a couple of
> sample jobs, tested HTTPFS.
>
> Still, something seems odd.
>
> The HDFS CHANGES.txt has the following entry under 2.0.5-alpha:
>
>  HDFS-4646. createNNProxyWithClientProtocol ignores configured timeout
> value  (Jagane Sundar via cos)
>
> but I don't see that in the branch.
>
> And, the YARN CHANGES.txt does not have the 2.0.5-alpha section (it should
> be there empty).
>
> Cos, can you please look at these 2 things and explain/fix?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.5-alpha that I
> > would
> > like to release.
> >
> > This is a stabilization release that includes fixed for a couple a of
> > issues
> > discovered in the testing with BigTop 0.6.0 release candidate.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc0/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts will be available via repository.apache.org on Sat,
> > June
> > 1st, 2013 at 2 pm PDT as outlined here
> >     http://s.apache.org/WKD
> >
> > Please try the release bits and vote; the vote will run for the 3 days,
> > because this is just a version name change. The bits are identical to the
> > ones
> > voted on before in
> >     http://s.apache.org/2041move
> >
> > Thanks for your voting