Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

J. Rottinghuis 2013-06-01, 02:47
Thanks for the hadoop-2.0.5-alpha RC0 Cos!
+1 (non-binding) in principle for a 2.0.5-alpha release.

Similar to Alejandro I see that:

/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-src/hadoop-hdfs-project/README.txt (has 2.0.4 release
date missing):
Release 2.0.5-alpha - UNRELEASED
Release 2.0.4-alpha - UNRELEASED

/hadoop-yarn-project/CHANGES.txt (misses 2.0.5 section and does not have
date for previous 2.0.4 release set):
Release 2.0.5-alpha (<- Missing section)
Release 2.0.4-alpha - UNRELEASED

In addition I do not see the release notes at the top of the tar.gz:
releasenotes.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.HADOOP.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.HDFS.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.MAPREDUCE.2.0.5-alpha.html
releasenotes.YARN.2.0.5-alpha.html

I do see the src-tar.gz etc., but not the regular tarball in
http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc0/

Not sure if that warrants a RC1 or not.

Thanks,

Joep