Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya

Re: Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya
Hi, I'm working on it, with bille helping on accumulo specifics & testing

   1. The code is up on github; https://github.com/hortonworks/hoya . what
   we don't have is any good issue tracking -I'm using our internal JIRA
   server for that which is bad as it keeps the project less open -and loses
   decision history
   2.  we're on a two week sprint cycle, next one ends on monday with
   another release coming out -focus on secure cluster support and better
   liveness monitoring
   3. Bille has been deploying accumulo with it.

We're doing development with the focus on hbase, though it is designed to
have different back ends "providers" -the accumulo one is the alternative,
and most of what we do benefits both of them, it's just we are testing more
with HBase and adding some features (liveness probes) there first.

If we could get broader participation that would help with the accumulo
testing and mean that we could put it into the Apache Incubation process
-they insist on that broadness by the time you get out of incubation.

-contact me if you want to know more

-i'd be happy to do a remote presentation of hoya over google+ or webex.

I'm actually trying to set up a remote-only-YARN-HUG group between the US,
EU and Asia, where we'd have remote-only sessions in different timezones;
Hoya would be one of the topics.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE