Hadoop, mail # dev - libhdfs on windows

Re: libhdfs on windows
Colin McCabe 2012-10-25, 17:24
Hi Peter,

This might be a good question for hdfs-dev?

As Harsh pointed out below, HDFS-573 was never committed.  I don't
even see a patch attached, although there is some discussion.

In the mean time, might I suggest using the webhdfs interface on
Windows?  webhdfs was intended as a stable REST interface that can be
accessed from any platform.

cheers,
Colin