Flume, mail # user - Locked tail files by flume agent on Window

Locked tail files by flume agent on Window
Kumar, Deepak8 2012-09-24, 09:04
Hi Brock,

We are using a flume agent (0.9.3)  on Window for tailing a log file.The log file name is rotated every day to create back up files. For instance, the file name is application.log and every day the name is changed with sequential number. application.1.log. The current log file name is the same; application.log. tailDir source support a file name rotation on Linux OS, but in Window version, flume agent locks the file.

Could you please guide how could I make it rotate? Are we taking care of it in Flume NG?

Regards,

Deepak