Zookeeper, mail # user - Staggered start of nodes in an ensemble

Re: Staggered start of nodes in an ensemble
Arindam Mukherjee 2013-11-12, 07:29
Almost certainly a firewall issue. Flushed iptables and stopped the
service to get things working. Will try dynamic reconfig with 3.5
later.

Thanks guys.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Probably goes without saying but you cleared out the datadir when
> switching from 3.5 to 3.4? I don't think anyone has tested 3.4 code
> reading a datadir generated by a 3.5 server yet....
>
> Patrick
>
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You are using the same configuration on all three nodes, is that
>> right? Permissions for the dataDir are set properly on all three?
>>
>> Have you verified that the "myid" file is correct, and corresponds
>> correctly, to each of the 3 servers? (.193 should have myid of 1, .194
>> myid of 2, .195 myid of 3)
>>
>> I'd also suggest that you use 20 & 10 as the init and sync limits respectively.
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Arindam Mukherjee
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>>

>>> This is the configuration:
>>>
>>> tickTime=2000
>>> dataDir=/var/zookeeper