Avro, mail # user - Registering multiple classes to a Responder

+
David R Robison 2012-08-14, 13:37
Re: Registering multiple classes to a Responder
Doug Cutting 2012-08-15, 19:45
A separate Responder is currently required for each protocol.  If HTTP
is used, different ResponderServlet's can be configured so that
different protocols are run at different URLs.  For NettyServer and
SaslSocketServer one must run different protocols on different ports.

Note however that one can create a protocol that's the combination of
several other protocols and serve that.  For example, with Java
reflection, if you have Java interface A that's one protocol and Java
interface B that's another then you can implement "interface C extends
A, B" and serve that protocol.  Clients that speak either A, B or C
can then connect.  A similar effect can be accomplished with Java's
specific compiler by importing various client protocols into the
server's protocol.

http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/idl.html#imports

Doug