HBase >> mail # user >> HBase random read performance

+
Ankit Jain 2013-04-13, 05:31
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-13, 15:16
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-04-13, 16:00
+
Harsh J 2013-04-13, 17:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-14, 21:58
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-04-15, 10:17
+
Rishabh Agrawal 2013-04-15, 10:42
+
Ankit Jain 2013-04-15, 10:53
答复: HBase random read performance
First, it's probably helpless to set block size to 4KB, please refer to the beginning of HFile.java:

 Smaller blocks are good
 * for random access, but require more memory to hold the block index, and may
 * be slower to create (because we must flush the compressor stream at the
 * conclusion of each data block, which leads to an FS I/O flush). Further, due
 * to the internal caching in Compression codec, the smallest possible block
 * size would be around 20KB-30KB.

Second, is it a single-thread test client or multi-threads? we couldn't expect too much if the requests are one by one.

Third, could you provide more info about  your DN disk numbers and IO utils ?

Thanks,
Liang