From: Jay Vyas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 July 2013 04:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Staging directory ENOTDIR error.

Hi , I'm getting an ungoogleable exception, never seen this before.
This is on a hadoop 1.1. cluster... It appears that its permissions related...
Any thoughts as to how this could crop up?
I assume its a bug in my filesystem, but not sure.

13/07/11 18:39:43 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:root cause:ENOTDIR: Not a directory
ENOTDIR: Not a directory
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO.chmod(Native Method)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.execSetPermission(FileUtil.java:699)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.setPermission(FileUtil.java:654)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.setPermission(RawLocalFileSystem.java:509)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.mkdirs(RawLocalFileSystem.java:344)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.mkdirs(FilterFileSystem.java:189)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:116)
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com