Flume >> mail # user >> Hadoop jars

+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-19, 22:07
Mohit Anchlia 2012-11-19, 22:11
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-19, 22:18
Roshan Naik 2012-11-19, 22:25
Mohit Anchlia 2012-11-19, 22:33
Hari Shreedharan 2012-11-19, 23:29
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-20, 00:04
Hari Shreedharan 2012-11-20, 00:08

My concern is that hadoop-hdfs brings in a ton of other stuff which will not be used in any box except the one running the hdfs sink.

Thanks,
~Rahul.

________________________________
 From: Hari Shreedharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Rahul Ravindran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop jars

Unfortunately, the FileChannel too has a hadoop dependency - even though the classes are never used. So you need the hadoop jars (and they should be added to FLUME_CLASSPATH in flume-env.sh or HADOOP_HOME/HADOOP_PREFIX should be set) on machines which will use the FileChannel. The channel directly does not depend on Hadoop anymore, but still needs them in the class path because we support migration from the older format to new format.
Thanks,
Hari
--
Hari Shreedharan

On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Rahul Ravindran wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

>Good to know that the only external dependencies are Hadoop and Hbase. We will deploy those components only on boxes which are going to have those sinks set up.

+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-11-20, 00:53
+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-20, 03:56