Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Hello and request some advice.

Re: Hello and request some advice.
- Is Ubuntu a good O.S. for running Hadoop?  I’ve tried to learn in the
past using Red Hat & Infosphere Biginsights, but I need a free O.S.
If you want a free O.S , ubuntu is good but if you are familiar with RedHat
then you may want to have look at Scientific Linux (Its free as well)

- Is there a way to learn Hadoop without a static IP address? That was
really a problem for me when dealing with Infosphere, since I travel
frequently.
If you got a laptop with you then thats all you need to learn hadoop.
Hadoop can be installed in a pseudo distributed mode on a single machine
and you can use it with localhost all the time.

--
Nitin Pawar