Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo Between Two Centers (DR - disaster recovery)

+
David Medinets 2012-09-26, 12:00
Re: Accumulo Between Two Centers (DR - disaster recovery)
I believe Accumulo can work across data centers, if the underlying DFS
span data centers. I also believe the latency tolerance is
configurable, and matters for servers holding locks in Zookeeper and
heartbeat messages to the Master. I'm not sure what the defaults for
these are, though.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM, David Medinets
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recall a conversation in which people were pointed to Cassandra for
> its ability to replicate between data centers. I have forgotten what
> Accumulo offers on this topic. And does latency matter? If latency
> matters, what is the highest acceptable latency?
+
Eric Newton 2012-09-26, 13:46
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-09-26, 14:43