Avro, mail # user - Design decision question about the Avro Java API

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 04:02
Re: Design decision question about the Avro Java API
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 18:09
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are there plans to separate these exceptions, and more important, are
> there plans to turn these into checked exceptions?

There are no such plans that I am aware of.

Changing SchemaParseException to a checked exception would be an
incompatible change, breaking a lot of user code, so folks are likely
to resist.  What would such a change make possible that is not
possible today?

Splitting cases where this exception is thrown could be done
compatibly with subclasses, so if this is useful and not difficult to
accomplish then I doubt folks would object.

Doug
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 18:17
+