Zookeeper, mail # user - If i update my conf/zoo.cfg config, must i restart my zk server?

Re: If i update my conf/zoo.cfg config, must i restart my zk server?
Camille Fournier 2011-11-30, 03:44
We've been looking at that, see:

It'll take some evaluation though. Hopefully 3.5?

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:21 PM, nileader <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I personal think zookeeper team need to add the feature of changing
> zookeeper cluster server list in runtime---without restart server.
>
> 2011/11/30 nileader <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Hi,ted,you mean restart old server before new servers?
>> Let's see the case:
>>
>> In my cluster, there are three zk server, A,B and C each config three
>> server address.
>> Once, i want to upgrade my cluster to five server.
>> You say:
>>
>>> configure the new servers
>>>
>>> - update the configuration on the old servers
>>>
>>> - restart each old server one at a time
>>>
>>> - start the new servers
>>>

>> So,  when i config Server C's serverlist, it will be five server in it's
>> zoo.cfg, and restart it.
>> Then make change on server b. Once i restart server b, there will be only
>> two server work in cluster,
>> and  2< 5/2+1.
>>
>> So, how the leader will be elect and how the cluster will work ok?
>>

>> *nileader* ni掌櫃的個人郵箱
>> *MSN*: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> *Weibo*:http://weibo.com/nileader
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
>> privileged, private information of correct recipient and nileader. If you
>> received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy
>> it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person.
>> Thank you.
>> *
>> 本電郵(包括任何附件)可能含有�
鰼K資料並受法律保護,屬於ni掌櫃和正確收件人之間的私有信息。�