Hadoop >> mail # dev >> hadoop JARs not in lib/ directory of layout

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-04, 18:21
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-04, 20:06
Re: hadoop JARs not in lib/ directory of layout

On Aug 4, 2011, at 1:06 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:

> [moving to core-dev@]
>
> A big release note is doable.
>
> Still, people normally use 'hadoop' script when submitting jobs and 'hadoop'
> would take care of having the JAR in the classpath. What other things would
> break?

Everyone using streaming, for starters.  I suspect lots of pig, hive, and hbase installations will also break.
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-04, 20:59
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-08-04, 21:12