Zookeeper >> mail # user >> split ZK cluster across DCs?

split ZK cluster across DCs?
Hi all,
We're in the process of understanding the implications of splitting some of
the nodes of our system into a different DC. The DC will be situated in a
different continent to be geographically closer to some of our clients -
for network latency reasons.

Anyway, we're trying to work out how work with our ZK cluster in this
scenario. The way I see it we have 2 options:

1. Leave our existing ZK cluster as is on our primary DC, make the nodes on
the new DC make the hop to do comms with it
2. Add a couple of new local ZK nodes to the new DC and let all them sort
out the comms between them and the rest of the ZK cluster back in the
primary DC

I am leaning towards the latter option but was wondering if any of you have
any insights/experiences in this area that might help us make an informed
decision.

Thanks,
Ishaaq